How to apply
There are just 2 simple steps to changing your name by Deed Poll
To guide you through the name change process, you will receive our helpful Deed Poll Pack, supplied in a protective storage folder containing the following:
Your Deed Poll Pack contents
- Your personalised Deed Poll document, ready for signing, which will be presented in a protective storage folder.
- Clearly written instructions explaining how to correctly execute your Deed Poll (i.e. how to correctly sign, date and get witnessed).
- Suggested list of record holders (i.e. government departments, companies and organisations) you will need to notify of your name change, with instructions as to what you need to do for each.
- Example covering letter to send to record holders instructing them to change their records to your new name.
- Your original letter of consent (if a letter was sent to us to change your child’s name).
- An order form for our Legal Copy and Archive Service (if you do not order this service when you applied for your Deed Poll).